Mexico - Day 5

Ahhhhh. Time for some rest and relaxation! Mommikins and I are not normally the type of folks who can spend their vacation sitting on a beach, "relaxing". Basically, we look at it as doing nothing. We can do that at home. This explains why our vacations are usually jam-packed with activities and excursions. However, after our trip to Hawaii, we realized that not only is having a little down time a good thing, we also could use a day to ourselves. Cue the sand and sunshine...


In Hawaii, I spent our day apart on a photography tour with Oahu Photography Tours led by a fantastic photographer, Dee-Jay Hanssen. This time around however, I just wanted to ... OMG ... wait for it ... yup, you guessed it .... RELAX. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

After breakfast together, I headed back to my room where I grabbed my backpack and threw in a book, a towel and my phone - the essentials. It was still fairly early on a Sunday morning so I was lucky when I arrived at the beach. It was empty. I found a little open air shelter thingy (hut?) where I made myself comfortable on one of the recliners and settled in for some "me time". The sound of the waves and solitude however soon beckoned and I found myself leaping over rows of seaweed washed up on the shore and dipping my toes in the crystal clear waves.


Perfection. Did I mention I had unknowingly picked the hut right beside the bar? Tee hee. I finally managed to get my first mojito here and it was disgusting. Overly sweet with no flavour, I took three sips and tossed it. Blech. I'll stick to drinking back home thanks.

I surprised myself by spending a good three and half hours nestled in my little corner of the Caribbean. By this time, people were arriving at the beach in droves and a young family had taken over the side of my hut closest to the beach. I figured it was time to skeedaddle back to the resort and grab some lunch.


Can't really beat that view, can you?!

Mom and I both had a good laugh mid morning - we started texting to see what each of us was doing and she eventually came and sat with me on the beach for a little while. We complain about how we spend so much time together and can't wait some days to get a little peace and quiet but when we do, we start wishing the other person was there. Go figure!

One more day before we head home!

No comments