Welcome....back?

For those who know me, you're probably shaking your head wondering what I'm doing here, blogging once again. I've been at it on and off since 2006-ish or maybe slightly earlier, in one form (aka blog address) or another. There were two different blogger blogs; I dabbled on Word Press for a brief moment; I've had my own URL or whatever the fuck you call it. I come and I go. I get bored easily so its not really a surprise that my writing/blogging history is full of gaps and holes. And yet, here I am again... 

A lot of "successful" blogs (what does that even mean?!) seem to have a specific focus - baking, fashion, movie reviews, etc. The web is full of them and there's something for everyone. Me? I'm much more of a generalist. Like I said, I get bored easily. There's nothing I'm overly passionate about, at least not enough to make it a focus of a blog. It might change as this blog develops - I'm surprisingly optimistic that I will write more than this one introductory post - but I'm putting that disclaimer out there. Don't expect too much! 

I should perhaps warn visitors and readers about a few things. 

1. I swear. A lot. Not usually when I write but definitely in real life. Fuck is one of my all time favourite words and I think it should be used far more often than socially acceptable. Especially at work. I do try to limit its use during meetings or discussions with my boss but they know me by now and realize sometimes, it just fits.

2. You're going to see cat pictures. A lot of them. I'm single with no children. Therefore, I have cats. I am NOT a "crazy cat lady"; I prefer the term "spinster aunt". This is Nero. He's a senior citizen with a bad attitude and a hankering for bacon and cheese. He also has early stage kidney disease so you'll likely be exposed to a few upsetting posts as his disease progresses. However, he's still kicking it old school and slaying all the ladies at the vet clinic.

3. My mother and I live together (see #2 - ref to "spinster aunt"). Its cheaper than either of us living alone. Don't judge. We get along well enough and I don't have to worry about her. She probably thinks the same about me.

4. I'm opinionated and left-leaning. I support equal rights for all and am pro-abortion. I welcome immigrants and love that we have what many call universal health care. I'm proudly Canadian and not a fan of hockey. I love to travel but hate the actual travelling part of it. Passionate about photography but can't be arsed to learn the finer points of using my camera. 

Anyways, here we go again. Read if you want, I wont' be offended if you don't. However, as the description of my blog says, I won't put up with haters - differing opinions are fine but keep it civil. 'Nuf said. I'm out.

1 comment

  1. Welcome back. I don't know what a successful blog is. I've never had one of those. Mostly that term means somebody has the bright idea to monetize their blog and get rich with their blog. I guess that happens for some folks. There are some weird things going on with this blog address. One of them is that I usually follow blogs with my wordpress reader but it refuses to acknowledge this address exists. WTF? Secondly, when I tried to make this comment it asked me to choose a profile but it doesn't give me any choice except the old mister anchovy profile which I haven't used in years. Very strange. Have fun blogging.

    ReplyDelete